The Bradley Method®
Dorin Jordan is an independent affiliated instructor in The Bradley Method® and has taught hundreds of couples to experience childbirth the natural way. The Bradley Method® teaches natural childbirth and views birth as a natural process. It emphasizes that most women with proper education, preparation, and the help of a loving and supportive coach can be taught to give birth naturally. The Bradley Method® is a system of natural labor techniques in which a woman and her coach play an active part. It is a simple method of increasing self-awareness, teaching a woman how to deal with the stress of labor by tuning in to her own body. The Bradley Method® encourages mothers to trust their bodies using natural breathing, relaxation, nutrition, exercise, and education.
The Bradley Method® series is designed for small classes and Dorin is known for giving her students considerable individual attention. Dorin’s Bradley Method® classes are held in her home located in Oak Forest, and are limited to 8 couples. Current students have access to Dorin’s lending library and classes are video-enriched.
Class fee is $300 for the 12 weeks series, all materials included. A $50 deposit is required to hold your space in class.
Class Schedule for 2017-2018
- July 24 – October 9, Mondays FULL
- October 16 – January 8, Mondays (one week holiday break, class will be held on Wednesday the week of 1/1/18) FULL
- January 15 – April 2, Mondays
Classes fill up so register early!
By taking Dorin’s classes in The Bradley Method® of natural childbirth, you will learn about:
- Prenatal nutrition & exercise
- Relaxation for an easier birth
- Husbands as coaches
- Birth plans and more!
Topics we cover in class:
- Good nutrition for growing a healthy baby
- Exercises to prepare your body for birth
- Good baby positioning, which can translate to a faster, easier birth (and who doesn’t want that?!)
- Relaxation and how to work WITH your body
- The ins and outs of labor and birth
- Coaching and how to support a laboring woman
- Labor and birth positions
- Massage and comfort measures
- How to avoid routine interventions what to do if they become necessary
- Creating a birth plan your doctor or midwife will LOVE
- Breastfeeding and newborn care
- And much MORE!